CounselingTherapyOnline.com is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
CounselingTherapyOnline.com may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
When you use the CounselingTherapyOnline.com, we may collect some or all of the following information:
- Your email address. It is important that you provide an email account that you check, as this is our only means of contact.
- Your first name. This is completely optional, and you may use a pseudonym if you prefer.
- Your last name. As above, this is completely optional, and you may use a pseudonym if you prefer.
- Demographic information, such as your sex, age, etc.
- Information about your condition.
What we do with this information
Your email address will not be shared with any third parties, and you may request to have it removed from our system at any time. If you provide us with your email address, it may be used for the following:
- Contacting you to schedule a session
- Contacting you at a later date to see how you are doing
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We will only contact you using the email address you provide.
Any clinical information that you provide will be used to tailor an individualized psychotherapy protocol.
Your clinical data will not be shared with any third parties. However, your data may be combined and/or compared with other users for the purpose of improvement of the psychotherapy offered. These results may be released to the general public. However, no individual or personally identifiable information will be included in any such report.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The system database is occasionally backed up externally from the main server. When this occurs, all information is protected using AES encryption.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. You may request that any personal information and email correspondence with you be deleted at any time.